The introduction of mobile ordering systems for hospice providers mean that clinicians can efficiently order patient supplies and arrange for the delivery of these supplies directly to patients' homes. This approach saves clinician time and allows for the appropriate product on hand helping to provide the best patient care. Web-based interfaces ensure that all orders are reflected immediately on the system, providing administrators with accurate and up-to-date information. Additionally, advanced online features of mobile ordering systems ensure that hospice inventory records are constantly updated. The innovative features of mobile hospice inventory ordering systems let caregivers focus on patient care and reduce time spent completing administrative paperwork. In addition, mobile ordering reduces the costs associated with driving to the office to pick up supplies. Here are some ways that mobile systems improve inventory management efficiencies.Access from Anywhere
Mobile ordering systems are web-based, which means they can be accessed from anywhere a mobile connection can be established. Depending on the configuration, users can connect using smartphones, tablets or laptops to place orders or update patient records. Benefits of mobile ordering include:
- Always available: Web-based systems are always accessible so orders can be placed after hours for immediate processing the next business day.
- Decentralized: They can be accessed from anywhere.
- Simplified order approval: Orders requiring managerial approval are routed directly to the administrator.
- Easy control of PPD cost: Mobile systems are linked to hospice EMR's so patient per day costs may be updated in real time.
The use of mobile ordering systems means there's no need to wait until the clinician returns to the office before entering orders and updating patient records. This enhances service delivery as follows:
- Fast response: Orders for critically needed supplies can be loaded onto the system for immediate fulfillment.
- Patient-specific orders: During or immediately after seeing a patient, clinicians can order patient-specific supplies and arrange for delivery direct to the patient's home and, if required, arrange for same-day delivery.
- Increased efficiency: Overall efficiency is increased because orders are entered directly, patient records are automatically updated and paperwork is reduced.
Inventory management is simplified, while online ordering using Web-based mobile ordering systems significantly reduces non-productive and time wasting paper work:
- Automated order approval system: When there's a need to for management to approve orders, they are automatically routed to the manager concerned and approval is fast and easy.
- Track supply costs by patient: Costs per patient are automatically collected and hospice staff can monitor expenditure and modify budgets as required.
- Overall cost control: Administrators no longer have to wait for month-end to assess overall costs because these can be monitored in real time, providing the ability to proactively exercise control.
The widespread availability of 3G and 4G networks means it's relatively simple to switch to web-based, mobile ordering of hospice supplies. This simultaneously increases inventory management efficiency. We offer a comprehensive family of web-based software tools that allow hospices to adapt inventory management systems to their specific needs.